Sunday, May 18, 2014

Just Call Me Mama, MPH!

Hello everyone, it has been a while! That's because I was busy finishing up my last projects and assignments EVER! I am very relieved, proud, and excited to report that I have FINISHED all of the requirements for my Masters degree in Public Health with a concentration in Maternal and Child Health. This weekend I graduated and received my diploma, so I am officially an MPH Mama! Here are some photos of this weekend's festivities

Checking out the program

Cutie pie!

Can you spot me?

Waving to my fan club

Ahhhh!

So much cuteness.

Jumbotronned!

Out of focus, but too cute not to share

I can't decide who is cuter!

Penalty boxed!

She doesn't seem to mind

Baby's first bike ride! It was such a beautiful day and she loved it (except the process of getting in)

Here we go! (Notice I didn't actually bike in the gown... pretty sure that would be hazardous)

Babies in helmets... need I say more?

Post-graduation, Grandma and GradRaj babysat while we had a much needed date night! I don't have any pictures from that, but I will say that the cheesecake at Tres Gatos was kiiiind of amazing.

The next day, they babysat AGAIN so we could clean the basement. Since cleaning is not at all exciting, you get to see all the fun they had without us:

Waving to GrandRaj at the Tot Lot


Put 'em up!

Obsessed with stairs!


Looks like someone was eating the sand again

Checking out the lilacs at the Arboretum

As our student speaker, Christina, said yesterday, the first question people ask when they find out you graduated is "what's next?" First, I intend to enjoy a relaxed summer with my cute little peanut, as well as do some blogging for the Massachusetts Friends of Midwives (MFOM). Second, I am seriously considering several certifications (not at once of course): postpartum doula, lactation counselor, and childbirth educator. After that, I may try to freelance a bit, as well as partner with local organizations such as community health centers. I am also looking for part-time, flexible jobs... basically it is still quite open ended, but I kind of like it that way right now. Many possibilities! There, now you don't have to ask me about it ;-) All right, I have been far too productive today... time to watch some Parks and Rec and then get ready for a bike ride (with baby on board) to the Esplanade! Congratulations to all my graduate friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Also, I love how everyone in your life seems to babywear your child :-)

    ReplyDelete